1. What interaction with an animal and/or nature in your life has had the biggest impact on you?
Doves and Mynah. My Mynah bird lived with us for over 20 years (1972-1992) and one night it died in its cage. I am still depressed and remember it.
2. Did you have a favorite place in the great outdoors during your childhood?
Places where doves made their nests. We usually stole their nestlings for rearing purpose. Still I am sorry for my misdeeds.
Now? No answer given
3. As a former zookeeper, I would love to know what your favorite animal is and why?
As already mentioned Doves are my favorite as well as Mynah. I still like to rear them at home though I know it is very unkind to do.
4. What do you think is the greatest environmental challenge facing us now, and what do you think will be the greatest challenge in the future?
Global warming and its effects. Last year Cyclone “Sidr” devastated heavily our Southern zone of Bangladesh. To face the challenge help of foreign countries is needed. People should be knowledgeable and brave and should be equipped with modern technology.
To mitigate such future problems people should be calm and use knowledge.
5. If you could give one piece of advice regarding the environment and our natural resources, what would it be?
Love all the creations on the earth and let them grow naturally. I advise not to harm insects, birds, animals for their natural living. Let us work unitedly for making a friendly and habitable environment for the birds and animals on the earth.
Received via postal mail