1. What interaction with an animal and/or nature in your life has had the biggest impact on you?
Seeing a group of dolphins swim by our boat when I was a child. The beauty and unity they showed was something I wish humans could someday attain.
2. Did you have a favorite place in the great outdoors during your childhood?
We used to spend time in
Now? Anything and everything to do with
3. As a former zookeeper, I would love to know what your favorite animal is and why?
Tiger, the gentle and peaceful nature of such a powerful animal. The way they appear very curious about what's going on around them without really paying attention.
4. What do you think is the greatest environmental challenge facing us now, and what do you think will be the greatest challenge in the future?
I would say the greatest challenge is educating and engaging people to make the necessary changes in their daily lives to live more environmentally friendly. As far as the future is considered, the greatest challenge is dealing with population growth and the resulting pressure it puts on the Earth.
5. If you could give one piece of advice regarding the environment and our natural resources, what would it be?
Small changes in life add up to big impacts for us all.