1. What interaction with an animal and/or nature in your life has had the biggest impact on you?
As a 15 year old (1986) on a year long trip around
2. Did you have a favorite place in the great outdoors during your childhood?
We would go camping to a small town called 1770 (on the
Now? The Amity and Moreton Banks in Moreton Bay (adjacent to
3. As a former zookeeper, I would love to know what your favorite animal is and why?
Loggerhead turtle. I have been fortunate enough to work with these animals and have had experiences with them from hatchlings through to adults. I am in awe of their resilience in the face of what we humans throw at them and into their oceans.
4. What do you think is the greatest environmental challenge facing us now, and what do you think will be the greatest challenge in the future?
Greatest environmental challenge is communicating with people in a way that will inspire them to want to improve how they interact with and and impact on the earth.
Greatest environmental challenge in the future will probably be managing the effects of climate change.
5. If you could give one piece of advice regarding the environment and our natural resources, what would it be?
We only have one earth – look after it and we look after each other.