1. What interaction with an animal and/or nature in your life has had the biggest impact on you?
2. Did you have a favorite place in the great outdoors during your childhood?
Growing up in semi-rural
Now? Probably Banff NP, or possibly Kim Hy Nature Reserve in Vietnam
3. As a former zookeeper, I would love to know what your favorite animal is and why?
The wolf (European or north American). I guess I got drawn into the whole mythos surrounding the wolf from a young age and just got more into it the more I learned.
4. What do you think is the greatest environmental challenge facing us now, and what do you think will be the greatest challenge in the future?
Without a doubt, the biggest challenge facing us now and in the future is the unsustainable growth of our species. Almost all of the problems we cause can, I believe, be brought back to that basic denominator.
5. If you could give one piece of advice regarding the environment and our natural resources, what would it be?
Don't be so arrogant to think we can survive in isolation.