1. What interaction with an animal and/or nature in your life has had the biggest impact on you?
Weekend hikes with my father while growing up; they made a naturalist of me.
2. Did you have a favorite place in the great outdoors during your childhood?
Forest in general, wherever I happened to be. There were various state parks in my area, as well as woodlots.
Now? Still forest, but we don’t' have much in
3. As a former zookeeper, I would love to know what your favorite animal is and why?
Cats, probably. I always had them. Now I have 15 of them. I am very good with animals, and especially with cats.
4. What do you think is the greatest environmental challenge facing us now, and what do you think will be the greatest challenge in the future?
1. Now: overpopulation. 2. Later: overpopulation.
5. If you could give one piece of advice regarding the environment and our natural resources, what would it be?
Don't have more than two kids. One is preferable.