1. What interaction with an animal and/or nature in your life has had the biggest impact on you?
2. Did you have a favorite place in the great outdoors during your childhood?
The wheat, rye, and barley fields outside my town.
Now? I go to the beach. But it does not feel like nature.
3. As a former zookeeper, I would love to know what your favorite animal is and why?
All sorts of reptiles. Because they are not furry and because people don't tend to keep them as pets. At least not as much as cats and dogs, which I really don't like for that reason.
4. What do you think is the greatest environmental challenge facing us now, and what do you think will be the greatest challenge in the future?
Food is a problem now and will be an even greater problem in the future. Agriculture, the way it is conventionally done, is just not sustainable.
5. If you could give one piece of advice regarding the environment and our natural resources, what would it be?
Pay more money for food. People need to push for a change in the way food is produced. And they have to be willing to pay for it.