1. What interaction with an animal and/or nature in your life has had the biggest impact on you?
1) A bear in the garbage can near the bathroom I was in, in upper
2) The warm foot of a bluejay on my cheek as he took a piece of bread out of my hand as I was putting the bread in my mouth.
3) Lying under the stars watching the Perseid meteor shower when I was six.
2. Did you have a favorite place in the great outdoors during your childhood?
Yes, a hidden grotto with ferns and a waterfall maybe 10’ high in the woods ¼ mile behind my house.
Now? Yes a Zen Monastery / hot springs deep in the Santa Lucia mountains in Monterey County, California
3. As a former zookeeper, I would love to know what your favorite animal is and why?
Chimpanzees because they are so much like us. Dogs because they are so loyal and loving (especially Golden Retrievers and Border Collies).
4. What do you think is the greatest environmental challenge facing us now, and what do you think will be the greatest challenge in the future?
5. If you could give one piece of advice regarding the environment and our natural resources, what would it be?
Please be very aware of your use of natural resources and all energy and water use and minimize your consumption for the benefit of all beings who share and will share the planet in the future.
Received via postal mail