Thanks to my sister Michelle McIlroy for designing the logo!

Welcome!

Ever since I was a child, I have been very interested in nature and the environment. I have a B.S. degree in wildlife biology, and have worked as a zookeeper, wildlife biologist, and ecologist. I am conducting a brief survey of world leaders, government officials, religious leaders, corporate CEOs, environmental groups, wildlife experts, and others regarding nature and the environment. I am also very interested in religious views, customs, and beliefs from around the world, and the interactions between religion, culture, society, and the environment. This is something I am doing out of personal interest, and is not connected to any group or organization. I have been working on this project since the summer of 2006, and hope to eventually turn it into a book and/or documentary. I am hoping to make this into a global project, with responses from all segments of society. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or comments. If you have not already done so, I hope that you will consider taking part in my project, and please spread the word to anyone you think might be interested! Thanks for stopping by!

TAKE THE SURVEY ONLINE HERE http://tinyurl.com/nx4ng7

January 12, 2009

Tracey

Ms

Today’s Date: 7 December 2008

1. What interaction with an animal and/or nature in your life has had the biggest impact on you?

When I was living on the sea in a triamarren, 28’6” long. Our family was two adults my parents, me 12, sister 11, brother 8 and another sister 6. The freedom that was out there, nothing to interfere with it all. Animals roaming wild on the island (goats and others put there for ship wrecks). Learning that not all food comes from supermarkets and to respect it all for the future.

2. Did you have a favorite place in the great outdoors during your childhood?

Sailing on the oceans, going where the wind took you. Visiting islands that did not have people on them. The ones where you could go up a hill and slide down not knowing this was probably destroying the place but after climbing up was fun to fall in the water. The hidden waterfalls where you could sit and what others walk by and not see you. Climbing trees and getting coconuts, spearing fish to eat. I want to go back to that easier time, stupid survey.

Now? No answer given

3. As a former zookeeper, I would love to know what your favorite animal is and why?

The dolphin as you can interact with then in the wild. They will let you get close and just watching them going in and out of the water so graceful.

4. What do you think is the greatest environmental challenge facing us now, and what do you think will be the greatest challenge in the future?

Being able to sustain ourselves on earth without damaging it any more. Going back to our grandparents days, water tanks, reusing water, paper and other things like that. Learning bigger is not better.

5. If you could give one piece of advice regarding the environment and our natural resources, what would it be?

Be careful do not destroy any more of it our further is here mankind has already destroyed to much of this place and it is getting harder each day, hour, minute to keep it going.

No comments:

Post a Comment