Thanks to my sister Michelle McIlroy for designing the logo!

Welcome!

Ever since I was a child, I have been very interested in nature and the environment. I have a B.S. degree in wildlife biology, and have worked as a zookeeper, wildlife biologist, and ecologist. I am conducting a brief survey of world leaders, government officials, religious leaders, corporate CEOs, environmental groups, wildlife experts, and others regarding nature and the environment. I am also very interested in religious views, customs, and beliefs from around the world, and the interactions between religion, culture, society, and the environment. This is something I am doing out of personal interest, and is not connected to any group or organization. I have been working on this project since the summer of 2006, and hope to eventually turn it into a book and/or documentary. I am hoping to make this into a global project, with responses from all segments of society. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or comments. If you have not already done so, I hope that you will consider taking part in my project, and please spread the word to anyone you think might be interested! Thanks for stopping by!

TAKE THE SURVEY ONLINE HERE http://tinyurl.com/nx4ng7

January 12, 2009

Paj YoungBlood

Wellness Intuitive and coach, Naturopath

Today’s Date: 12 January 2009

1. What interaction with an animal and/or nature in your life has had the biggest impact on you?

Constant dreams of White Sperm Whales And Having A dog for 20 years.
Honey Bear big female mix chow. Having a beloved pet that long teaches one a lot about unconditional love.


2. Did you have a favorite place in the great outdoors during your childhood?

Outside in the woods behind my parents’ house. I had mountains and creeks and four leaf clover and tall trees to climb. My father had built us kids a tree house that reached the skies on clear days.

Now? Smokey Mountains

3. As a former zookeeper, I would love to know what your favorite animal is and why?

Growing up in Atlanta, I have to say Willie B, a gorilla, no the gorilla - was and is and always will be my only favorite animal in the zoo. Willie B went from living 24/7 in a small room with a tire swing and a little T.V. for fun - to living in one of the world's best Habitats. His home later was shared with 23 other Western lowland gorillas. Zoo Atlanta’s Ford African Rain Forest was one of North America’s first naturalistic gorilla habitats when it opened in 1989.

Before Willie got his new home, I recall, standing there as a mere child feeling horror and great shame, watching this awesome creature sitting in his concrete cage, looking bored and quite sad. Day in and day out for years. Years. To watch him wander outside for the first time was a joy the entire world joined in together. I realize that a real forest would have been the best place but considering where Willie B had came from-it was a true blessing.

It's terrible to think that we actually have to have places like this for the protection of these Great Gorillas.

4. What do you think is the greatest environmental challenge facing us now, and what do you think will be the greatest challenge in the future?

There is much that challenges us now. I think we might start Praying? Visualizing? For a giant evolutionary step for humankind's physical and mental status. One that allows much if not all of the assaults on ourselves to not affect us at all so they we might live. There is too much to straighten out… too many fools not caring about tomorrow.

5. If you could give one piece of advice regarding the environment and our natural resources, what would it be?

Think about our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment