Thanks to my sister Michelle McIlroy for designing the logo!

Welcome!

Ever since I was a child, I have been very interested in nature and the environment. I have a B.S. degree in wildlife biology, and have worked as a zookeeper, wildlife biologist, and ecologist. I am conducting a brief survey of world leaders, government officials, religious leaders, corporate CEOs, environmental groups, wildlife experts, and others regarding nature and the environment. I am also very interested in religious views, customs, and beliefs from around the world, and the interactions between religion, culture, society, and the environment. This is something I am doing out of personal interest, and is not connected to any group or organization. I have been working on this project since the summer of 2006, and hope to eventually turn it into a book and/or documentary. I am hoping to make this into a global project, with responses from all segments of society. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or comments. If you have not already done so, I hope that you will consider taking part in my project, and please spread the word to anyone you think might be interested! Thanks for stopping by!

TAKE THE SURVEY ONLINE HERE http://tinyurl.com/nx4ng7

January 19, 2008

Mitt Romney

Republican Presidential Candidate

Today’s Date: 17 Jan 2008

Dear Jeremy:

Thank you for contacting me regarding my environmental policy. I appreciate your interest in my campaign for President and would like to extend my sincere gratitude for taking the time to share your views with me.

We must be responsible stewards of the environment to ensure that our children and grandchildren inherit the quality of life we enjoy today. We can achieve this through implementation of common sense policies as well as the development of new technology. We must protect our land, our air, and our water, while not inhibiting economic growth.

We need to improve our energy efficiency, reduce our carbon emissions, and reduce our dependency on foreign oil. We need an energy plan that includes reducing our consumption of oil, and increasing our use of alternative sources of energy like nuclear, ethanol, and biodiesel. We also need to invest in the necessary research and development programs for alternative energy, energy efficiency, and low-carbon technologies. These actions will enable us to heat our homes, drive our vehicles, and run our businesses with a much smaller environmental footprint than ever before.

I am running for President because I fervently believe that I have the experience and vision to address the issues facing our country. Throughout my years in both the private and public sectors, I have been successful by pursuing innovation and transformation. If there were ever a time for change in Washington, it is now.

Again, thank you for contacting me about the environment. I encourage you to visit my website at www.MittRomney.com for updated information on other issues that may be of interest to you. I look forward to hearing from you in the future, and earning your support.

Sincerely,
Mitt Romney

**This is an email message that I got back from Mitt Romney’s campaign, after sending a copy of my survey to them, as I did with all of the Presidential candidates. While I am assuming it is not in direct response to my survey, but rather a prepared statement regarding environmental issues, I though it was interesting to read and worth sharing. – Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment