Thanks to my sister Michelle McIlroy for designing the logo!

Welcome!

Ever since I was a child, I have been very interested in nature and the environment. I have a B.S. degree in wildlife biology, and have worked as a zookeeper, wildlife biologist, and ecologist. I am conducting a brief survey of world leaders, government officials, religious leaders, corporate CEOs, environmental groups, wildlife experts, and others regarding nature and the environment. I am also very interested in religious views, customs, and beliefs from around the world, and the interactions between religion, culture, society, and the environment. This is something I am doing out of personal interest, and is not connected to any group or organization. I have been working on this project since the summer of 2006, and hope to eventually turn it into a book and/or documentary. I am hoping to make this into a global project, with responses from all segments of society. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or comments. If you have not already done so, I hope that you will consider taking part in my project, and please spread the word to anyone you think might be interested! Thanks for stopping by!

TAKE THE SURVEY ONLINE HERE http://tinyurl.com/nx4ng7

December 27, 2007

Robert S. Saulters

Grand Master – Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland

Today’s Date: 5 December 2007

1. What interaction with an animal and/or nature in your life has had the biggest impact on you?

When I was a boy into my teens, my father had a small holding as a past-time, more of a menagerie. We had hens, geese, ducks, turkeys, goats, cows, pigs, and a pony, and of course cats and always a dog or two. I enjoyed looking after them, I enjoyed seeing the eggs hatch or the young being born – I just loved animals.

2. Did you have a favorite place in the great outdoors during your childhood?

Yes, the hayfield in the summertime and the bringing the hay in to the farmyard

Now? I just love to visit farms and to see the modern day milking parlours and the modern day equipment with the tractor the main work horse.

3. As a former zookeeper, I would love to know what your favorite animal is and why?

Very hard to day, I adored all the animals. I suppose in the latter years it would be the German shepherd dogs or Alsatian as sometimes known by. Followed by the horse and after that the pig. If it is a wild animal you mean, I would say the bear family.

4. What do you think is the greatest environmental challenge facing us now, and what do you think will be the greatest challenge in the future?

The melting of the ice fields
To save the polar bear

5. If you could give one piece of advice regarding the environment and our natural resources, what would it be?

No more atom or hydrogen bomb testing and less destruction of fish stocks by governments ordering a quota of certain fish and where it is impossible to catch fish without the fish we are suppose to be trying to preserve. And they are dumped back into the sea for bird fodder. Fish in my estimation is a stop to whale hunting by all countries.


Received via postal mail

No comments:

Post a Comment