Thanks to my sister Michelle McIlroy for designing the logo!

Welcome!

Ever since I was a child, I have been very interested in nature and the environment. I have a B.S. degree in wildlife biology, and have worked as a zookeeper, wildlife biologist, and ecologist. I am conducting a brief survey of world leaders, government officials, religious leaders, corporate CEOs, environmental groups, wildlife experts, and others regarding nature and the environment. I am also very interested in religious views, customs, and beliefs from around the world, and the interactions between religion, culture, society, and the environment. This is something I am doing out of personal interest, and is not connected to any group or organization. I have been working on this project since the summer of 2006, and hope to eventually turn it into a book and/or documentary. I am hoping to make this into a global project, with responses from all segments of society. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or comments. If you have not already done so, I hope that you will consider taking part in my project, and please spread the word to anyone you think might be interested! Thanks for stopping by!

TAKE THE SURVEY ONLINE HERE http://tinyurl.com/nx4ng7

January 09, 2009

Peter Choroke

Alfa Network (Nairobi, Kenya)

Today’s Date: 17 July 2008

1. What interaction with an animal and/or nature in your life has had the biggest impact on you?

Sheep, My parents had a flock of sheep, I had a problem in controlling them, if one manage to pass the road, irrespective of anything they will all of them follow, one day I was taking them to the river and I had to make them cross the road, Drivers had to stop for them to pass and I was so scared.

2. Did you have a favorite place in the great outdoors during your childhood?

Climbing tress to pluck fruits

Now? Going out to watch Motor Bike racing.

3. As a former zookeeper, I would love to know what your favorite animal is and why?

Rabbit, It is beautiful and it’s meat is tender, I ate it one’s and it was so good.

4. What do you think is the greatest environmental challenge facing us now, and what do you think will be the greatest challenge in the future?

Climatical changes which affect the planting cycle especially farmers, cannot predict the best time to plant, so the challenges we will be facing in future is lack of enough food which will lead to hunger and starvation resulting to death.

5. If you could give one piece of advice regarding the environment and our natural resources, what would it be?

We need to protect our environment with high integrity, and we should stop ignoring to take attention of our environment and natural resources. “No tool is more beneficial than intelligence; no enemy is more harmful than ignorance”

No comments:

Post a Comment