Thanks to my sister Michelle McIlroy for designing the logo!

Welcome!

Ever since I was a child, I have been very interested in nature and the environment. I have a B.S. degree in wildlife biology, and have worked as a zookeeper, wildlife biologist, and ecologist. I am conducting a brief survey of world leaders, government officials, religious leaders, corporate CEOs, environmental groups, wildlife experts, and others regarding nature and the environment. I am also very interested in religious views, customs, and beliefs from around the world, and the interactions between religion, culture, society, and the environment. This is something I am doing out of personal interest, and is not connected to any group or organization. I have been working on this project since the summer of 2006, and hope to eventually turn it into a book and/or documentary. I am hoping to make this into a global project, with responses from all segments of society. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or comments. If you have not already done so, I hope that you will consider taking part in my project, and please spread the word to anyone you think might be interested! Thanks for stopping by!

TAKE THE SURVEY ONLINE HERE http://tinyurl.com/nx4ng7

August 28, 2006

Tamlin Grier

Freelance Photographer, South Africa

Today's Date: 28 - 09 - 2006

1. What interaction with an animal and/or nature in your life has had the biggest impact on you?

For me it has to be going to the forest in Wilderness by myself I was filled with so much joy and freedom everything seemed to come alive I wasn’t observing it anymore but for the first time I felt like I was truly apart of everything that surrounded me

2. Did you have a favorite place in the great outdoors during your childhood?

I grew up always being somehow in the outdoors either beach, or farms nothing specific just outside in general

Now? Anywhere outdoors outside of cityscapes fresh air doesn’t matter where

3. As a former zookeeper, I would love to know what your favorite animal is, and why?

I can't think of a specific one but since childhood black panther's and Indian tigers have always fascinated me their whole presence and respect that they demand and their elusive nature

just magical creatures


4. What do you think is the greatest environmental challenge facing us now, and what do you think will be the greatest challenge in the future?

I'm no professional but i would have to say that I think it has to be our eating habits we've become so use to putting our wants before our needs in all aspects of our life that it has lost its sacredness thus leaving us void of rational thinking and we end up using and abusing all natural resources putting all kinds of toxins into our natural environment and our bodies which are supposed to be holy temples

one of the greatest challenges i think is not what we need to change physically but our mindsets about life


first we think then we feel then we act
so to change anything we need to go to the root our hearts and minds
challenge ourselves and our so called beliefs


5. If you could give everyone one piece of advice regarding the environment and our natural resources, what would it be?

Become more aware, fill the emptiness you have inside with it's true longing a spiritual relationship with God and start living your lives according to His laws not our flawed understanding thereof

No comments:

Post a Comment